Document Type : Case Reports
Dept. of Pathology, Pondicherry Institute of Medical Science, Pondicherry, India
Pedunculated chorangioma is extremely rare type of chorangioma. To the best of our knowledge, no case has been reported in Indian literature. We report one such rare case in a twenty two year old primi gravida who delivered a full term live female baby by lower section caesarian section (LSCS). Gross examination revealed a nodular mass attached to the placenta by a pedicle. Histopathological examination confirmed it as chorangioma. The clinicopathological and radiological feature of this rare entity is presented with a brief review of literature.
- Bagga R, Suri V, Srinivasan R, Chadha S, Chopra S, and Gupta N. Huge Placental Myxoid Chorangioma Presenting With Severe Antepartum Hemorrhage. J Nep Med Assoc 2006;45:366-9.
- Gruca-Stryjak K, Ropacka-Lesiak M, Bręborowicz GH. Nontrophoblastic placental tumors. Arch Perinatal Med 2011;17(2):113-7.
- Kurman RJ. Blaustein’s Pathology of the Female Genital Tract. 5th ed. Springer:New York;2002.
- Shafqat G, Iqbal F, Rizvi F. Chorangioma of the Placenta with Hydrops Foetalis. J Pak Med Assoc 2009; 59:411-2.
- Sethi Sk, Hemal U, Bhagra A. Chorangioma of Placenta – A Case Report. Ind J Radiol Imag 2004;14(1):65-6.
- Enríquez R, Escalona J, Oyarzún E, Chuaqui R, Soza A, Contreras G. Complicated Placental Chorioangioma: Infrequent Cause Of Premature Labor. Rev Chil Obstet Gynecol 1994;59(5):390-2.