Document Type : Original Research
Dept of Midwifery, Shahed University, Tehran, Iran
aster of knowledge and Information Science, Jadda Public library, Tehran, Iran
Background and Objective: Co-authorship on writing articles is one of the indicators of reliability in scientific articles. Due to the lack of information regarding to the rate of participation of the authors of articles in the ” Iranian Journal of Pathology” this research with the aim of the survey of collaborative coefficients of article authors in this Journal from 2006 to 2012 was performed.
Materials and Methods: A cross sectional research was performed. The study population consisted of all articles published in the years studied. Totally 288 printed articles in terms of number and sexes of authors were recognized and collaborative coefficient between the authors was calculated. The data were collected by referring to the original articles and Excel software was used for data entry. Data analysis with using descriptive statistics and collaborative coefficient formula was worked out.
Results: Altogether 288 articles had 1078 authors. Average number of authors was 3.75 ± 1.65 and the maximum number of articles was written by three authors. Collaborative coefficient in 2008 was seen as higher ratio of collaboration between article authors. Average collaborative coefficient of authors in research years was 0.69 which demonstrated willingness to cooperate between authors of this journal.
Conclusion: It seems that the collaboration between article authors of pathology is high. However considering that participation lead to increase the quality of research activities, encourage researchers to collaborate in scientific research can enhance the quality of articles.
- Osareh F. Collaboration in Astronomy knowledge production: A case study in Science Direct from 2000-2004. Proceeding of the 10th International Conference on Scientometrics and Informatics. 24-28 July 2005. Stockholm, Sweden.
- Osareh F. Higher Education Research collaboration between Iran & UK. Proceeding of COLLINET Meeting Extra Session in conjunction with 10th ISSI Conference, 28 July 2005. Stockholm, Sweden.
- Noruzi A, Velayati KH. Collaborative Research: Sociology of Scientific Collaboration. Tehran. Chapar 2009:25-30. (Text in Persian).
- Shiri R, Fadaei GH. Scientific cooperation in medical on type one universities in national and international level based on the documents indexed in the ISI database between 2004 and 2008. Research on Information Science and Public Libraries 2011; 17(3):455-75. (Full Text in Persian).
- Harrison Bahr A, Zemon M. Collaborative authorship in the journal literature::perspectives for academic. Librarians who wish to publish. College and research libraries 2000; 61(5):419-20.
- Dayani MH. Articles and writing in a letter of Iranian Library Association. J Social Sci Humanities Shiraz Univ1986; 12:38-48. (Full Text in Persian).
- Kariman Mazidi MA. Source citation analysis of master dissertations irrigation Shahid Chamran University, Tehran, Shiraz and Mashhad Ferdowsi 1988-1998. [Dissertation]. Shiraz: University of Shiraz 1999. (Text in Persian).
- Nazari F. Citation behavior of authors of scientific papers Journal of Agriculture Faculty of Agriculture, Shahid Chamran University in 1975-1998. [Dissertation]. Ahvaz: Islamic Azad University, Science and Research Branch 2000. (Text in Persian).
- Osareh F, Marefat R. Iranian researchers' participation in global knowledge production in Medline (interdisciplinary field of science and medicine). Rahyaft 2005; 357:39-48. (Full Text in Persian).
- Parsaei Mohammadi P. Descriptive analysis and citation of the journal Psychology and Educational Sciences, Shahid Chamran University, during years of 1972-2004. [Dissertation]. Ahvaz: Shahid Chamran University 2006. (Text in Persian).
- Buttlar L. Information Sources in Library and Information Science Doctoral Research. Library & Information Science Research 1999; 21(2):227-45.
- Tiew WS, Kaur K. Citation Analysis of Journal of Natural Rubber Research 1988- 1997. Malaysian Journal of Library and Information Science 2000; 5(2):45-6.
- Hayati Z, Didegah F. International scientific collaboration researchers during 1998-2007. Library Hi Tech 2010; 28(3):433-446. (Full Text in Persian).
- Hart RL. Collaborative publication by University librarians: An exploratory study. Journal of Academic Librarianship 2000; 26(2):94-9.
- Rahimi M, Fattahi R. Scientific cooperation and production of information: A joint scientific concepts and production patterns in common. Journal of Book 2007; 71(2):238-45. (Full Text in Persian).
- Hariri N, Nikzad M. Co-authorship networks of Iranian articles in library and information science, psychology, management and economics in ISI during 2000- 2009. Information sciences and technology 2011; 26 (4): 825-44. (Full Text in Persian).
- Helena B. Studying research collaboration: A literature review. Sprouts: working papers on information system. SPROUTS 2010; 10(3) 1-16.
- Ajiferuke I, Burell Q. Collaborative Coefficient: A Single Measure of the Degree of Collabortion in Research. (A. H Farajpahlou, Translator). Information sciences and technology 2007; 23(1 & 2):169-83.
- Osareh F, Norouzi Chakoli AR, Keshvari M. Co-authorship of Iranian Researchers in Science, Social Science, Art and Humanities Citation Indexes in the Web of Science between 2000 and 2006. Information sciences and technology 2010; 25(4):573-595. (Full Text in Persian).
- Ghane MR, Rahimi F. Citation Analysis and Collaboration Pattern of Six Iranian English Journals in Engineering Area Indexed in Islamic World Science Citation Center. Information sciences and technology, special issue: scientometrics 2011; 159-75. (Full Text in Persian).
- Heidari M, Valaie N, Azizi F. The evaluation of accuracy of article writing in scientific journals of nursing-midwifery in Tehran. Journal of Research in Medical Sciences 2011; 35(1):1-5. (Full Text in Persian).
- Heidari M. Safzvi Z.The survey of Collaborative Coefficient of article authors in “Journal of Research in Medical Sciences” since 2007 to 2011. Journal of Research in Medical Sciences 2112; 36(2):1-5. (Full Text in Persian).
- Marefat R, Saberi M. The survey of Collaborative Coefficient of article authors in journal of Kumesh in 1999 to 2010. Journal of Kumesh 2012:13(3), 279-85. (Full Text in Persian).
- Zare F, Karbalaei M, Baji F, Zahedian M. Group participation and major issues of Journal of Medical Sciences of Ahwaz Jondi Shahpur medical science university. Health Information Management 2006; 11(2):20-4. (Full Text in Persian).
- Zandi F. Citation survey of Journal of Social Science and Humanities Shiraz University in 1987-1996 [Dissertation]. Ahvaz: Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz 1999. (Text in Persian).
- Osareh F. The growth and development of scientific productivity of Iranian physicians in Medline from 1976-2003, Held in: In the Proceeding of the International Conference on Geometrics and Scientometrics, Roorkee, India 2-5 March 2004.
- Danesh F, Abdolmajid AH, Afshar M, Musavifar S, Farhadi F. Correlation between knowledge production and cooperation rate among Library and Information Scientists in the world. Information sciences and technology 2009; 1(25):5-22. (Full Text in Persian).
- Danesh F, Abdulmajid A, Rahimi A, Babaie F. Collaboration Rate among Researchers in Research Center of IUMS in Carrying out Research Projects. Health Information Management 2009; 6(1):52. (Full Text in Persian).
- Ghahnaviyeh H, Danesh F. The Collaboration Rate among researchers in the production of papers presented at national conferences of new medical and paramedical sciences in Isfahan University of Medical Sciences. Health Information Management, Special Issue 2011; 7:565. (Full Text in Persian).
- Amanollahi A, Abolghasem Gorji H, Sarikhani L. Quantitive view to scientific journals published in Journal of health management scince 2005 to 2010. Journal of health management. 2010; 44(4):6-10. (Full Text in Persian).
- Franceschet M, Costantini A. The effect of scholar collaboration on impact and quality of academic papers. Journal of informetrics 2010; 4)4(:540–53.