1. Grundy SM, Cleeman JI, Daniels SR, Donato KA, Eckel RH, Franklin BA, et al. Diagnosis and management of the metabolic syndrome: an American Heart Association/National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute scientific statement. Curr Opin Cardiol. 2006;21(1):1-6.
2. Shantha GP, Kumar AA, Jeyachandran V, Rajamanickam D, Rajkumar K, Salim S, et al. Association between primary hypothyroidism and metabolic syndrome and the role of C reactive protein: a cross–sectional study from South India. Thyroid Res. 2009;2(1):2.
3. Vasan RS, Pencina MJ, Cobain M, Freiberg MS, D'Agostino RB. Estimated risks for developing obesity in the Framingham Heart Study. Ann Intern Med. 2005;143(7):473-80.
4. Power ML, Schulkin J. Sex differences in fat storage, fat metabolism, and the health risks from obesity: possible evolutionary origins. Br J Nutr. 2008;99(05):931-40.
5. Park HT, Cho GJ, Ahn KH, Shin JH, Hong SC, Kim T, et al. Thyroid stimulating hormone is associated with metabolic syndrome in euthyroid postmenopausal women. Maturitas. 2009;62(3):301-5.
6. Wang C-Y, Chang T-C, Chen M-F. Associations between subclinical thyroid disease and metabolic syndrome. Endocr J. 2012;59(10):911-7.
7. Lai C-C, Tang S-H, Pei D, Wang C-Y, Chen Y-L, Wu C-Z, et al. The prevalence of subclinical thyroid dysfunction and its association with metabolic syndrome in Taiwanese elderly. Int J Gerontol. 2011;5(1):25-9.
8. Michalopoulou G, Alevizaki M, Piperingos G, Mitsibounas D, Mantzos E, Adamopoulos P, et al. High serum cholesterol levels in persons with'high-normal'TSH levels: should one extend the definition of subclinical hypothyroidism? Eur J Endocrinol. 1998;138(2):141-5.
9. Åsvold BO, Vatten LJ, Nilsen TI, Bjøro T. The association between TSH within the reference range and serum lipid concentrations in a population-based study. The HUNT Study. Eur J Endocrinol. 2007;156(2):181-6.
10. McDermott MM, Liu K, Guralnik JM, Ferrucci L, Green D, Greenland P, et al. Functional decline in patients with and without peripheral arterial disease: predictive value of annual changes in levels of C-reactive protein and D-dimer. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2006;61(4):374-9.
11. Taki K, Nishio K, Hamajima N, Niwa T. Metabolic syndrome defined by new criteria in Japanese is associated with increased liver enzymes and C-reactive protein. Nagoya J Med Sci. 2008;70(1):2.
12. Bastemir M, Akin F, Alkis E, Kaptanoglu B. Obesity is associated with increased serum TSH level, independent of thyroid function. Swiss Med Wkly. 2007;137(29/30):431.
13. Iqbal A, Jorde R, Figenschau Y. Serum lipid levels in relation to serum thyroid‐stimulating hormone and the effect of thyroxine treatment on serum lipid levels in subjects with subclinical hypothyroidism: the Tromsø Study. J Intern Med. 2006;260(1):53-61.
14. Kim SS, Lee BJ, Lee JC, Kim SJ, Jeon YK, Kim MR, et al. Coexistence of Hashimoto's thyroiditis with papillary thyroid carcinoma: the influence of lymph node metastasis. Head & neck. 2011;33(9):1272-7.
15. Sawin CT, Geller A, Wolf PA, Belanger AJ, Baker E, Bacharach P, et al. Low serum thyrotropin concentrations as a risk factor for atrial fibrillation in older persons. N Engl J Med. 1994;331(19):1249-52.
16. Reinehr T. Obesity and thyroid function. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2010;316(2):165-71.
17. Mantzoros CS, Ozata M, Negrao AB, Suchard MA, Ziotopoulou M, Caglayan S, et al. Synchronicity of frequently sampled thyrotropin (TSH) and leptin concentrations in healthy adults and leptin-deficient subjects: evidence for possible partial TSH regulation by leptin in humans. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001;86(7):3284-91.
18. 18.Atalay R, Ersoy R, Demirezer AB, Akın FE, Polat SB, Cakir B, et al. Day–night variations in thyroid stimulating hormone and its relation with clinical status and metabolic parameters in patients with cirrhosis of the liver. Endocrine. 2015;48(3):942-8.
19. Hueston WJ, King DE, Geesey ME. Serum biomarkers for cardiovascular inflammation in subclinical hypothyroidism. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2005;63(5):582-7.
20. Lee YK, Kim JE, Oh HJ, Park KS, Kim SK, Park SW, et al. Serum TSH level in healthy Koreans and the association of TSH with serum lipid concentration and metabolic syndrome. Korean J Intern Med. 2011;26(4):432-9.