Document Type: Case Reports
Dept. of Pathology, North Bengal Medical College,West Bengal, India
Dept. of Gynecology & Obstetrics, North Bengal Medical College,West Bengal, India
Medica North Bengal Clinic,West Bengal, India
Tubal pregnancies are common but presence of hydatidiform mole in tube is a rare entity. A woman of 53years presented with acute abdomen, preoperative pregnancy test was positive and ultrasonography suspected the case as hydatidiform mole in right tube. The patient was treated with total abdominal hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy as her family was completed. Subsequent histopathological examination showed ruptured complete hydatidiform mole in right tube. Postoperative period was uneventful with normalization of β-HCG titer within two weeks.
- Cotran R, Kumar V, Collins T. Robbins Pathologic Basis of Diseases. 6th ed. Philadelphia: W.B Saunders; 1999.
- Rosai J. Ackerman's Surgical Pathology. 9th ed. Missouri: Mosby; 2004.
- Petersen RW, Ung K, Holland C, Quinlivan JA. The impact of molar pregnancy on psychological symptomatology, sexual function, and quality of life. Gynecol Oncol 2005;97(2):535-42.
- Burton JL, Lidbury EA, Gillespie AM, Tidy JA, Smith O, Lawry J, et al. Over-diagnosis of hydatidiform mole in early tubal ectopic pregnancy. Histopathology 2001;38(5):409-17.
- Tulon B, Vandana R, Subrat P, Pallab S. Ectopic Molar Pregnancy: A Rare Entity. J Reprod Infertil 2010;11(3):201-3.
- Gillespie AM, Lidbury EA, Tidy JA, Hancock BW. The clinical presentation, treatment, and outcome of patients diagnosed with possible ectopic molar gestation. Int J Gynecol Cancer 2004;14(2):366-9.
- Naggada H, Odike M, Ojo B. Gestational trophoblastic diseases in Nigeria: a multicentered, histopathological study. Highland Medical Research Journal 2005;3(2):81-6.
- Freedman RS, Tortolero-Luna G, Pandey DK, Malpica A, Baker VV, Whittaker L, et al. Gestational trophoblastic disease. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 1996 Jun;23(2):545-71.
- Westerhout Fc, Jr. Ruptured tubal hydatidiform mole: report of a case. Obstet Gynecol 1964;23:138-9.:138-9.
- Newcomer JR. Ampullary tubal hydatidiform mole treated with linear salpingotomy. A case report. J Reprod Med 1998;43(10):913-5.