Document Type: Case Reports
Dept. of Pathology, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman, Iran
Kimura’s disease (KD) is a chronic inflammatory disorder primarily seen in male Asians during the second and third decades of life. Clinically, it presents as solitary or multiple subcutaneous nodules, predominantly in the head and neck region, typically in the pre auricular region, forehead, and scalp. The etiology of Kimura disease is still unknown. This disorder should be suspected when the clinical triad of painless unilateral cervical adenopathy, hypereosinophilia, and hyper-IgE is present. We report a case of KD with multiple subcutaneous nodules in the parotid, submandibular and posterior auricular regions, hypereosinophilia and hyper IgE levels.
- Kimura T, Yoshimura S, Ishikaura E. Unusual granulation combined with hyperplastic change of lymphatic tissue. Trans Soc Pathol Jpn 1948;37:179-80.
- Sorbello M, Laudini A, Morello G, Sidoti MT, Maugeri JG, Giaquinta A, et al. Anaesthesiological implications of Kimura’s disease: a case report. J Med Case Reports 2009;25(3):7316.
- Tseng CF, Lin HC, Huang SC, Su CY. Kimura’s disease presenting as bilateral parotid masses. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 2005;262(1):8–10.
- Motoi M, Horie Y, Akagi T. Kimura’s disease: clinical, histological, and immunohistochemical studies. Acta Med Okayama 1992;46:449-55.
- Irish JC, Kain K, Keystone JS, Gullane PJ. Kimura’s disease: an unusual cause of head and neck masses. J Otolaryngol 1994;23:88-91.
- Khoo BP, Chan R. Kimura disease: 2 case reports and a literature review. Cutis 2002 70(1):57-61.
- Arshad AR. Kimura’s disease of parotid gland presenting as solitary parotid swelling. Head Neck2003;25(9):754-7.
- Chen H, Thompson LD, Aguilera NS, Abbondanzo SL. Kimura disease: A clinicopathologic study of 21 cases. Am J Surg Pathol 2004;28(4):505-13.
- Lee MW, Bae JY, Choi JH, Moon KC, Koh JK. Cutaneous eosinophilic vasculitis in a patient with Kimura's disease. J Dermatol 2004;31(2):139-41.
- Buggage RR, Spraul CW, Wojno TH, Grossniklaus HE. Kimura disease of the orbit and ocular adnexa. Surv Ophthalmol 1999;44(1):79-91.
- Ferri M, Ross C, Harvey JT. Recurrent orbital angiolym- phoid hyperplasia with eosinophilia (Kimura's disease). Can J Ophthalmol 1999;34(5):290-3.
- Seregard S. Angiolymphoid hyperplasia with eosinophilia should not be confused with Kimura’s disease. Acta Ophthalmol Scand 2001;79(1):91-3.
13. Ray V, Boisseau-Garsaud AM, Hillion G. Kimura's disease on the hard palate in a patient from Martinique. Rev Med Interne 2003;24(4):253-6.
- Meningaud JP, Pitak-Arnnop P, Fouret P, Bertrand JC. Kimura's disease of the parotid region: report of 2 cases and review of the literature. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2007;65(1):134-40.
- Yuen HW, Goh YH, Low WK, Lim-Tan SK: Kimura’s disease: a diagnostic and therapeutic challenge. Singapore Med J 2005;46(4):179-83.
- Chusid MJ, Rock AL, Sty JR, Oechler HW, Beste DJ. Kimura’s disease: an unusual cause of cervical tumour. Arch Dis Child 1997;77(2):153–4.
- Yeung E, Lih Ma. Bilateral Orbital Kimura's Disease in a Young Asian Man. Chang Gung Med J 2002:25(1);45-50.