Document Type: Case Reports
Dept. of Pathology, Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Sciences, Yazd, Iran
Dept. of Surgery, Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Sciences, Yazd, Iran
Endometrial adenocarcinoma is uncommon in fewer than 40-year-old people. The first common sign and symptoms are abnormal vaginal bleeding and discharge. Metastasis is occurred in the late stage. Here we present a 31-year-old nullipar woman who was admitted to surgical ward with enlarged right inguinal lymphnode from one month ago. She had no history of previous malignancy, infectious condition, vaginal bleeding, and discharge. Abdominal sonography revealed no abnormality. She underwent surgical biopsy and metastatic adenocarcinoma most suspected from genital tract was reported. Based on pathological recommendation diagnostic curettage was performed and endometrial adenocarcinoma of conventional type as a first origin was confirmed. To our knowledge metastasis to inguinal lymph node as a first manifestation of endometrial carcinoma is rare.
- Di Cristofano A, Ellenson LH. Endometrial carcinoma. Annu Rev Pathol 2007;2:57-85.
- Jemal A, Siegel R, Ward E, Hao Y, Xu J, Murray T, et al. Cancer statistics. 2008. CA Cancer J Clin 2008;58(2):71-96.
- Abeloff MD, Armitage JO, Niederhuber JE, Kastan MB, McKenna WG. Abeloff’s Clinical Oncology. 4th ed. Philadelphia:Churchill Livingstone;2008.
- Scholz HS, Lax S, Petru E, Benedicic C, Winter R. Inguinal lymph node metastasis as the presenting symptom of endometrial cancer: a case report. Anticancer Res 2002;22(4):2531-2
- 5-Paulussen F, Leyendecker G, Windemuth W. Inguinal lymph node metastasis as primary symptom of endometrial carcinoma (author's transl). Geburtshilfe Frauenheilkd 1978;38(2):95-7.
- Chambers JT, Carcangiu ML, Voynick IM, Schwartz PE. Immunohistochemical evaluation of estrogen and progesterone receptor content in 183 patients with endometrial carcinoma. Part II: Correlation between biochemical and immunohistochemical methods and survival. Am J Clin Pathol 1990;94(3):255-60.
- 7-Dabbs DJ, Sturtz K, Zaino RJ. The immunohistochemical discrimination of endometrioid adenocarcinomas. Hum Pathol 1996;27:172-7.
- 8-Berezowski K, Stastny JF, Kornstein MJ. Cytokeratins 7 and 20 and carcinoembryonic antigen in ovarian and colonic carcinoma. Mod Pathol 1996;9:426-9.
- Takeshima N, Hirai Y, Tanaka N, Yamawaki T, Yamauchi K, Hasumi K. Pelvic lymph node metastasis in endometrial cancer with no myometrial invasion. Obstet Gynecol 1996;88(2):280-2.