Document Type : Case Reports
Dept. of Pathology, VIMS Bellary, RGUHS, Karnataka, India
One of the unusual variant of ovarian tumor is sex cord stromal tumor with annular tubules (SCTAT). The recurrence in case of malignant ovarian SCTAT ranges from 3mo to 20yr. This report describes the case of recurrence of SCTAT in a 35yr old woman after 4yr of hysterectomy with bilateral salphingo-Oopherectomy. Microscopic examination revealed features of SCTAT. Because of its unusual behavior evidenced by delayed recurrence in spite of bland cellular features, proper long term follow–up is essential.
- Scully RE. Sex cord tumor with annular tubules a distinctive ovarian tumor of the Peutz-Jeghers syndrome. Cancer 1970;25(5):1107-21.
- Tavassoli FA, Devilee P. Pathology and genetics of tumors of the breast and female genital organs. World health organization classification of tumors. Lyon: IARC Press;2003.
- Young RH, Welch WR, Dickersin GR, Scully RE. Ovarian sex cord tumor with annular tubules: review of 74 cases including 27 with Peutz-Jeghers syndrome and four with adenoma malignum of the cervix. Cancer 1982;50:1384.
- Abd El-hafez A, El-mageed A, MonirShafik A. Recurrent non-Petuz–Jeghers syndrome associated ovarian sex cord tumor with annular tubules: a case report with literature review.J Clin Gynaecol Obstret 2013;2(1):38-41.
- Thrall MM, Paley P, Pizer E, Garcia R, Goff BA. Patterns of spread and recurrence of sex cord- stromal tumors of the ovary. Gynecol Oncol 2011;122(2):242-5.
- Koonings OO, Campbell K, Mishell DR, Grimes DA. Relative frequency of primary ovarian neoplasms a 10-year reviews. Obstet Gynecol 1989;74:921-6.
- Lele SM, Sawh RN, Zaharopoulos P, Adesokan A, Smith M, et al. Malignant ovarian sex cord stromal tumor with annular tubules in a patient with Peutz – Jeghers syndrome: a case report. Mod Pathol 2000;13(4):466-70.
- Shen K, Wu PC, Lang JH, Huang RL, Tang MT, Lian LJ. Ovarian sex cord tumor with annular tubules: a report of six cases. Gynecol Oncol 1993;48(2):180-4.
- Puls LE, Hamous J, Morrow MS, Schneyer A, Maclaughlin DT, Castracane VD. Recurrent ovarian sex cord tumor with annular tubules: tumor marker and chemotherapy experience. Gynaecol Oncol 1994;54(3):396-401.
- Subodh M Lele, Ravindranauth N Sawh, Paul Zaharopoulos, AdekunleAdesokan, Michael Smith, et al. Malignant ovarian sex cord tumor with annular tubules in a patient with Peutz-Jeghers syndrome: a case report. Mod Pathol 2000;13(4):466-70.