Document Type : Case Reports
Dept. of Urology, Babol University of Medical Sciences, Babol, Iran
Dept. of Pathology, Babol University of Medical Sciences, Babol, Iran
Dept. of Hematology & Oncology, Babol University of Medical Sciences, Babol, Iran
Primary myeloid sacrom (MS) is a rare tumor and even more rare in multiple organs with no evidence of bone marrow involvement. This report describes an unusual case of a 19-year-old male presenting scrotal MS with a history of subconjunctival MS, 5 months ago. Bone marrow biopsies showed no evidence of acute leukemia. Despite radiotherapy for first involvement and chemotherapy for second presentation, his condition deteriorated and he unfortunately died. This case is presented here to remind an unusual presentation of MS and to address that the pathologist should bear in mind the possibility of MS when making the differential diagnosis of unusual lymphoma or undifferentiated nonhematological tumors.
- Benjazia E, Khalifa M, Benabdelkader A, Laatiri A, Braham A, Letaief, A et al. Granulocytic sarcoma of the rectum: Report of one case that prasented with rectal bleeding. World J Gastrointest Pathophysiol 2010 ; 1(4): 144-6.
- Pileri SA, Ascani S, Cox MC, Campidelli C, Bacci F, Piccioli M, et al. Myeloid Sarcoma: clinico - pathologic, phenotypic and cytogenetic analysis of 92 adult paitients. Leukemia 2007; 21: 340 - 50.
- Sharma R, Torka P. Painless Lumps: A Manifestation of Granulocytic Sarcoma. Am J Med 2010:123(10):902-3.
- Maarkoc F, Bozdogan N, Yukruk FA, Gumuc EB, Akdur NC. Granulocytic sarcomas: difficalties in diagnosis. Tumori 2010; 96: 149-53.
- Amritanand R, Venkatesh K, Premkumar AJ, Sundararaj GD. pathological dislocation of the dorsal spine following granulocytic sarcoma in a non-leukaemic patient. Eur Spine J 2010; 19 (suppl.2) : S114-S7.
- Audouin J, comperat E, Le Tourneau A, Camilleri- Broet S, Adida C, Molina T, et al. Myeloid sarcoma: clinical and morphologic criteria useful for diagnosis. Int J Pathol 2003 ;11(4):271-82.
- Hang XF, Xin HG, Wang L, Xu Wsh, Wang Jx, Ni W et al. Nonleukemic myeloid sarcoma of the liver: a case report and review of literature. Hepatol Int 2011; 5: 747-50.
- Quintas - Cardama A, Fraga M, Antunez J, Forteza J. primary extramedullary myeloid tumor of the breast: a case report and review of the literature. Ann Hematol 2003; 82:431-4.
- Hwang JIK, Kim TY. Primary granulocytic sarcoma of the face. Ann Dermatol 2001; 23 (suppl.2): S214-S17.
- Shea B, Reddy V, Abbitt P, Benda R, Douglas V, Wingard J. Granulocytic sarcoma (Chloroma) of the breast: A diagnostic dilemma and review of the literature. The breast J 2004; 10: 48-53.
- Xu Q, wang M, You Q, Wang H, Ye K, Zhan R, et al. Isolated recurrence of granulocytic sarcoma. Neural Med Chir 2009; 49: 611-5.
- Naresh KN, Zokaie S, Madhavan KS, Chzu A. The hammersmith hospital hematopathology case of the month: Myeloid sarcoma with langerhans cell proliferation.Leuk Lymphoma 2010; 51(6): 1128-34.
- King A. A case of chloroma. Month J Med 1853; 17: 97.
- Dock G, Warthin AS. A new case of chloroma with leukemia. Trans Assoc Am Phys 1904; 19(64): 115.
- Cheah KL, Lim LC, Teong HH, Chua SH. A case of generalised cutaneous granulocytic sarcoma in an elderly patient with myelodysplastic syndrome. Singapore Med J 2002 : 43(10); 527-9.
- Mazzaglia PJ, Strenger R, Castillo JJ. Extramedullary relapse of acute myeloid leukemia in a surgical wound. Leuk Lymphoma 2011; 52(3): 541-3.